Saturday, April 19, 2008

Sidewalk Chalk

This was actually from yesterday (no, I haven't been keeping up with this daily, but I *have* been trying to make little sparkles in my kids lives on a daily basis) .

Lil and I spent some time out in the front yard on the sidewalks with sidewalk chalk. We drew pictures and even spelled a few words. I wrote "Lilly", "Marti", "Daddy" and "Mommy" because those are some of her favorite words to read (and she had been reading them for a year or so now).

The other words began with "Mom, how do you spell cat?". Then I wrote a few rhyming words for fun. She wrote a few words and asked me to tell her what they said. When I sounded them out she proceeded to tell me I was wrong, they said something else. Usually it was the name of an imaginary friend that I had mispronounced. When she was done she got up and walked away.

Before that though, the last pic we drew was this one. I don't know if you can see it very well, but Lilly enjoyed coloring in a cloud over the sun. It was very cute! Oh, and you can see our pretty hyacinth's in the upper left corner, too.

Photobucket

BTW~ Sidewalk chalk is extremely inexpensive and lasts forever. We have a bucket of chalk on our porch and some of the pieces have been there for at least 5 years.

Here are some of our pics from yesterday.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: