Definitely 5 stars. They turned down playing with the neighbor kids to make slime with mom. I know that Sunday is mother's day on the calendar, but in my world, I beg to differ!
Here is the recipe we used and we got it from here
What you'll need:
- Wire whisk
- 1 cup all purpose glue
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon tempera paint, your choice of color
How to make it:
- Mix together with wire whisk the all purpose glue, water, and tempera paint. I used the powdered tempera, but the liquid works just as well -- just don't mix the powdered too thin.
- Mix separately 1/3 c. water and 1/2 tsp. borax. Slowly pour borax mix into glue mix.
- Let stand a few minutes, then knead. Pour off any remaining liquid. Store in plastic bags.
- Repeat for different colors.
Notes:As in all recipes, results can vary depending on humidity, conditions, etc. Please try any recipe out before attempting in a group setting.
Then, of course our pictures from the event...
Look at that face!
In this one you will notice that I circled a peice of slime in the process of falling off the table. How cool is that capture? A priceless smile and a priceless moment in time captured "on film".